Thursday 3 February 2011

Trial and error



is a good way to incorporate both spontaneous enthusiasm and learning!

During the walk from Gargrave station to the Arts Depot I tested out various ways of recording responses and sending them 'live' to this blog. A 15 minute walk turned into a 2 hour meandering in the cold but brilliant sunshine as I experimented with colour grids, clean and not-so-clean questions, photos, texts, emails, gps markers and blog posts.

I was delighted to find emails returning to me during the walk, showing the link to the map location, photos and comments all beautifully laid out. ...But I made the mistake of thinking they were copies of my blog posts returning to me from the blog (which is how I've set up other project blogs in the past). Not this time - it's just because I've set up mobile email to automatically cc me on anything I send - not surprising then it looked as good coming back as it had when I'd sent it out!

So it was a bit disappointing to get back later and look at the blog from another computer only to see pages and pages of unwanted v-card text, and a lot of the photos missing... ah well, room for improvement!

I'll collate the various things I sent in, and make one post - below - to show the things I was documenting as catching my attention at various moments along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment